March 3, 2012

0 When Eccentric English and the Interwebz Collide

it leads to a lot of humor for us "outsiders" on the inside.

{link}

Apparently someone flytipped a 12 foot tall mechanical gorilla in Cambridgeshire.


I'll let you read that sentence a few times.

To answer your questions:

1. "Flytipping" is disposing of rubbish on the side of the road, or in any other non-skip/tip areas. 
2. "Rubbish" is garbage/trash/waste- of the (preferably) non-biological variety.
3. "Skip", "tip", "the tip" all refer to dumpsters or waste facilities/landfills.
4.  I don't know where they got a 12 foot tall mechanical gorilla either.
5. Yes, I'm quite curious to know what its mechanics make it do, too.
6. No, I can't take a personal picture of it for you, as Cambridgeshire is about 4 hours from here and the authorities have removed it anyway.


I found this article through a link posted on The Bloggess's Facebook page. 
If you don't already read The Bloggess, go there now-
but first, go pee, 'cause I don't want you to wet your pants from laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to read your comment!

Next Post Previous Post Home